Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Problem in renaming an imported file

I am designing and setting up my first Ultra Recall database for serious use and I seem to have a problem in renaming imported files.

When I import files eg text, Word or jpg, their name in the Import Folder in Data Explorer (or any other folder used) is 'Document'. When I right click to access the Rename function it is dimmed out (disabled). There is another function 'Rename to' which is actiive but the date, time, date+time sub menus of that function are also disabled. I notice that the correct file name is in the item title attribute window.

I have set up a new database to test the rename function and all works properly. Presumably there is some setting or other which I have unknowingly changed or I am overlooking something very obvious.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction,

Best wishes, John Morgan
Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Administrator

How did you import the files? Please send the info requested here: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Problem in renaming imported file

Thank you Kinook but now I have found out the problem which of course lay with me.

Earlier whilst looking at and trying to understand template attributes and their effect I had changed the template Document title expression value to ''Item titlex'. I had not recognised any immediate effect and overloooked changing it back to its initial value of 'item title'.

I have now changed it back and all is working properly,

Best wishes, John Morgan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: