Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 01-31-2006, 12:08 PM

Location: I live in a small village a few minutes south of Ottawa, Canada
First pass suggestions

I've been using UR for a couple of weeks now, and I'm enjoying some of its capabilities immensely. Naturally, I have suggestions:

Minor points:

Printouts of internal text items always get the words "Ultra Recall" in the footer. This should stop.

Returning to an item puts you back at the top of the item. UR should remember forever where I was in the item.

Select web-site items causes them to open automatically. Why can't it work like this for imported documents. Having to click a link is bothersome.

Don't sort new items into the tree. Just add them to the end or top of the list for the chosen parent. Maybe provide a behaviour setting in the options for this. I often want to add items and keep them in chronological order of when I added them. Sorting them in by name is a real pain.

Major Point:

Bibliography development: it should be possible to create a bibliography of imported items. I realize I can add attributes but I haven't seen a way to report on them in an organized manner. Then it should be possible to generate and insert citations into text.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Re: First pass suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by TimP
Printouts of internal text items always get the words "Ultra Recall" in the footer. This should stop.
In the Page Setup dialog, replace 'Ultra Recall' footer value with a single space (this setting will persist for future printing). See http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual?prin...wpagesetup.htm for details.

Quote:
Returning to an item puts you back at the top of the item. UR should remember forever where I was in the item.
As of 1.4b, using Go | Forward/Back should persist the scroll position for text and web page items. If this isn't happening, please describe the exact steps to duplicate.

Quote:
Select web-site items causes them to open automatically. Why can't it work like this for imported documents. Having to click a link is bothersome.
For Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents, you can configure the documents to be viewed/edited in the internal browser view. See http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual?internaloleedit.htm

Quote:
Don't sort new items into the tree. Just add them to the end or top of the list for the chosen parent. Maybe provide a behaviour setting in the options for this. I often want to add items and keep them in chronological order of when I added them. Sorting them in by name is a real pain.
By default, items are sorted alphabetically in the tree, but you can manually order items in the tree after adding by selecting and moving item(s) up/down. Once one item has been re-ordered under a node, new siblings will be added at the end. We do have on our list to add an option to default to manual sorting.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:06 PM

Smile

Those are pretty good answers. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:32 PM

Re: Re: First pass suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
We do have on our list to add an option to default to manual sorting.
How about an option to let the user specify which attribute to sort children by, rather than just Item Title and manual?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:41 AM

Much, MUCH better idea. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: