Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-04-2011, 07:32 AM

Customize KB Bug

A new bug in 4.2a: Key Alt-Rightarrow not assignable anymore. Alt-Up/Dn/Left are assignable, as was Alt-Right before. It's independant of the command you want to assign to that key. Can we have back the Alt-Rightarrow key assignment possibility please since it affects all these 4 possible assignments, i.e. if you want to trigger similar commands with those 4 key combinations, the forth assignment must be a totally different one as the other three. (I deinstalled macro programs in order to check if there are responsible, but it seems 4.2a that's at fault.) Thank you for your time.

Last edited by schferk; 07-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Assigning Alt+Right Arrow as a shortcut still works fine in our tests with the latest UR build. You might try resetting your keyboard customizations, restarting UR, and trying again.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:28 AM

I have a similar (but not the same) prob with Control-Right Arrow; "Tree-Move Right" does not function if assigned to Control-right, whereas to Alt-right, it is not even assignable; the same command assigned to other key combinations or triggered from the menu works fine. So I haven't any clue to what might be going on, especially since there is no remapping / macro software installed of any sort at this time; of course it's not a US keyboard but for arrow keys combinations, that should not make any difference. (It's not the physical keys either, I have it with several keyboards.) So problem unresolved, but thanks for checking.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:30 PM

As said in my thread "Printing, Combining [Items]", my thread was erroneous, a mouse driver running wild having caused this weird behavior of the right arrow key.

I'm sorry for having stated this a "bug" ; unfortunately, I cannot edit this thread's title... but then, kinook can.

( Please let me add that in MyInfo, there had indeed been several of such bugs, where some key combinations simply weren't captured by the in-built mapping device, so my suspicion was founded on that competitor's similar behavior. But then, I really SHOULD have put a question mark there at the very least. )

Last edited by schferk; 07-06-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: