Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 AM

Lightbulb Editing of stored/pasted web contents

Greetings,

To avoid all the ads and cosmetics of webpages, I often just select the text/article bits I want, and copy (Ctrl-C). I then select a UR topic as parent and use Ctrl-V to paste as a child topic in UR. Alternatively (and better for maintaining the url linking) I select what I want and press the UR store button in the browser. However, for the latter method one must make sure the correct database and topic already is selected in UR, or the stuff ends up in places not intended <g>. (I miss an option to see and eventually change the UR selection before this operation is executed)

Anyway, here is a suggestion:

Please consider an option to edit the new record. Such editing would be great, both to reformat text, and to insert information, for example the web URL and comments (at the top) of the stuff just pasted in. If using the HTML editor engine in windows this feature would become possible. OR - is there already a way to achiece this?

NB: I have noticed that when using Ctrl-V to paste the clipboard the URL linkage is not maintained, but when using the UR button in the browser, the url is kept, and one can later open the linked web page.

Regards
-Viggo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: