Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Replacing Attributes ?

I'd like to know how to replace attributes - and how to search for them, in the first place.

There are several backgrounds for my question(s):

a) I'd like to search for all items of a given level, so search for "level attribute = 1" (or 2, or 3...); I did not understand how to do this; can't it be done up to now?

b) Then, I want to replace the icons for this given level by another icon; fortunately, I've understood how to do this, but in order to do it, I must first do the selection in a) since doing the selection manually would take hours.

c) I also want to know if it is possible to simply exchange an icon by another one, i.e. not having to select that group having that icon first, and then change the icon (since if a) is not possible yet, this will not be doable), but simply change all occurrences of a given icon by another icon.

d) Since the attribute "Has Children" in a UR-3-pane environment is ugly to be displayed (it's "yes" or "no" in full words for every item), I want to assign special icons to these values: e.g. chamois square for "has children: no" and green square for "has children: yes".

I understand that this cannot be done on-the-fly (i.e. automatically checked and updated by UR), but at least, I could do such a "manual" change once a week or so if the above-mentioned a) was possible.

Thus, it all concurs to know how to do that a).

Thanks a lot for another video on this, but please don't make it so fast. Or, if a) is not yet possible, you see that it has many implications, so that its implementation should be made soon.

I know that "Has Children", and other attributes, are virtual attributes, so I hope that this will not make any difference in searching for them (a), in order for doing some other attribute change on that selection (b) ?

As usual, I checked the help and the forum, but to no avail.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM

I just discovered the "Advanced Search", so all of this is indeed possible. Now I'll have to discover how to COMBINE two or more such search criteria in this "Advanced Search". Believe it or not, but I've tried for 10 minutes in vain, now. Or isn't there any combination of several search criteria available? The non-intuitiveness of UR is only equal to its power, both are overwhelming.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 PM

OK, I just discovered the "Insert" command there, incredible.

So, I'm just trying "Search for all items on indent levels greater than 2 and having children", then I can assign a special icon to them, and I won't need the "no/yes" column anymore.

This isn't bad at all even if I'd prefer UR's checking of such items have children or not on-the-fly, and have it assign that little curbed arrow to the (normal) icons of those who have, in the children's pane just like in the tree. Another year, perhaps?

But not that bad as it is, UR as a 3-pane outliner is something real special. Congrats even for the current state of affairs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: