Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Bad Bug or Incorrect Settings?

I usually use FastStone Capture in order to get tables and other graphic texts of web sites into my usual outliner (not whole pages, just parts of them). Unfortunately, this is not possible with UR at this moment it seems.

First, export format in FS Capture was .png, so I understood that this was a bad format, and changed the output format to .jpg; sadly, the problem remains:

In FS Capture (= version 5.3, the last free one), I do the setting "store into clipboard" (= not into a file, unnecessary for this use). I then import the picture into UR, per control-v into the text field. Then, immediately and without any warning, UR closes. Then I reopen UR and, heureka, the imported picture is very well there... but it goes without saying that it cannot be that for every such an import, UR closes and has to be reopened.

Do I something wrong? Are there import settings in UR I must monitor in order for UR behaving in a normal way then?

I'd like to add that my (old) FS Capture version works perfectly well with EVERY other outliner and text program, i.e. a dozen of such programs I tried with it. And I wouldn't want to change to the screen capture industry standard, not because of financial considerations, but because this industry standard takes about 10 to 15 seconds on both of my XP computers to capture a little part of the screen, whereas FS Capture does it in a fraction of a second.

Do you have any idea where the / my fault could lay in?

I'd also like to add that the normal pasting by control-v seems to be mandatory since all those options in "paste special" are greyed out, and there's no mention of "paste picture" or something among them anyway.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM

I just replaced my free (!) 5.3 version by the newest 6.7 trial (!)version (= of course, the trial overwrote the free version...), in vain: The problem persists. Please check since FS Capture 6.7 is, by any other account, a very fast (!), reliable, not overpriced and by this recommendable screen capture utility that's perfect for such tasks in which there's no processing of the pictures but just importing screen parts / rectangles of web sites into your outliner, so it would be an absolute pity to not being able to use it with UR, any other screen capture utility I tested (= about 6 or 8) being bloatware and / or slow(poke)ware.

But it's proved now that the incompatibility (?) isn't caused by FS Capture's 5.3 being old some years.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM

the issue you see is most deffinitelly caused by the MS dll that UR uses, try to replace it ... search in this forum for riched20.dll for discussion, I attached my current version for you to try ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip riched20.zip (667.2 KB, 856 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2853
Old 02-26-2011, 07:51 AM

Quant and kinook, thank you very much for your help. Indeed, I had searched the help file for jpg, .jpg and even "rtf editor", but to no avail, and then did not remember in time I had indeed read something about different MS rtf editors integrated in UR long ago in the forum.

So, I searched, with FreeCommander (Alt-F7 there), for any riched20.dll in my system, and discovered that the one in my UR directory was identical to the one I have in my directory c:\programs\microsoftshared\office12, from 2008, whereas I also have another rather recent one in ...\office11, from 2007.

So I replaced the office12 one by the office11 one, and the problem has gone: so thank you very much again!

BTW, I did not want to say the screen capture industry standard needs about 10 seconds just to copy a tiny rectangle into the clipboard, but it takes endless time for copying a scrolling window into it, even if that is only one screen and a half long, and indeed FS Capture does this in a tenth or a twentieth of that time, thus FS Capture is highly recommended, and I am happy it works with UR now like a charm!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: