Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 12-12-2003, 10:35 AM

E-mail Authentication errors

I have been using Visual Build for 2 years now. In the scripts we use if there is a failure we send an e-mail. Up to now there have been no problems with this feature. This is the error I am getting now:

Error authenticating user: User authentication failed (5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful )

For the server we have always has "localhost". Even if I change it to the ip of the mail server I get this error:

Error authenticating user: Server does not support this option (splkexch1.spanlink.com Hello [192.168.252.14] TURN ATRN SIZE ETRN PIPELINING DSN ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 8bitmime BINARYMIME CHUNKING VRFY X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM AUTH GSSAPI NTLM X-LINK2STATE XEXCH50 OK )

I can send e-mail just find using outlook. Our MIS dept. can't find anything wrong on the server.

Any ideas?
Old 12-12-2003, 03:54 PM

Did you recently upgrade Visual Build Pro to the latest version or change settings in the 'Send Email' step that is now failing? Did someone make changes to your email server or install a service pack or security update? Change authentication modes of your email server?

Nothing has changed in the email action (other than some new features in v5.1 that don't affect the authentication functionality). So even an upgrade of Visual Build Pro is very unlikely to have caused this type of error.

Not sure what to recommend other than try turning up the logging level on both the 'send email' action and the email server and analyze the resultant log files...

Kevin

Last edited by kevina; 12-12-2003 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:30 PM

I had the same problem. Our IT department moved the exchange server over from NT to a 2000 domain server. Previously I set up the email task with my user name and password.

To get it to work: I deleted my user name, password, and domain info.

Oh, I can't claim the credit for my solution. I read the manual pdf for VBP, and it said to try it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: