Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-18-2006, 08:42 AM

Kinook Blog/Special Templates

Kevin, I discovered yesterday (I must have been asleep not to already know aboit it) that Kinook has a blog http://www.kinook.com/blog/ , and was delighted to see that you wrote about Getting Things Done, otherwise known as GTD.

I have a Yahoo GTD group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Getting_Things_Done/
with almost 4,000 members, and UltraRecalll users are welcome to join the group. Group members are encouraged to discuss how they use their software to implement GTD.

Kevin, I noted your article on the blog about the journal template, and promptly opened it to give it a try. It looks really good.

Which brings me to a problem that I think other UR may also have. We use UR because we recognize the need to organize information better, and we succeed at doing so to the level of our ability.

However, the level of our ability (at least for me!) does not match the level of ability of the software. The journal template pointed that out for me in clear terms, as have a couple of the GTD templates provided by forum members.

I hope that the blog and/or forum can be used for more articles presenting special-use templates developed by members who are better able than I am to translate their needs into what UR is capable of doing.

For the rest of us that could be really helpful -- both in terms of providing solutions, and giving us practical examples that will help us to learn to use the software more effectively.

From a marketing perspective, such templates may also be helpful.

In any event, Kevin, I look forward to reading more about your GTD exploits.

Daly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: