Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 PM

How do I force embedded viewing of .doc back to MS Word?

Open Office has captured embedded viewing of my .doc documents in UR. I neither want that nor have I mapped .doc extentions to Open Office in the OS, but I might have done so for a short while after installing Open Office quite a long time ago. In fact I got somewhat surprised the other day when my .doc documents in UR stopped being editable - it took me a while to understand why as I mostly make very few changes this way. How can I force UR "back to normal" so to speak?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Not sure. You may need to repair your Word/Office install or uninstall/reinstall.

As far as making stored .doc files writeable, add .doc to the 'File extensions to open stored documents writeable' option:
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/documentsdialog.htm
Old 08-26-2006, 11:14 AM

What happens when you double click on a .doc file in File Explorer? If it opens in Open Office, then you need to change the default application for the .doc extension.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Not sure. You may need to repair your Word/Office install or uninstall/reinstall.

As far as making stored .doc files writeable, add .doc to the 'File extensions to open stored documents writeable' option:
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/documentsdialog.htm
.doc is marked as writable. Worked before. Doubble clicking a .doc file in explorer launches ms word - as always (I wouldn't dream of changing that :-)

Reinstalling ms word didn't help. Solution was: get rid of OpenOffice, clean the registry, restart. After this UR would hang when trying to view a .doc document until... I started ms word :-) Happy now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: