Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 01:48 PM

Moving an Internet Shortcut file into UR

If I copy an Internet Shortcut file from Windows Explorer into UR, then the contents are stored and the URL attribute shows the web URL (eg, "http://www.kinook.com").

If I move an Internet Shortcut file from Windows Explorer into UR, then the contents are stored, but the URL attribute contains the name of the Internet Shortcut file (eg, "Kinook Software - Power tools for power users.url").

If I ctrl-shift-J the copied item, the link is opened in a browser. If I do the same to the moved item, I get the error message: "System cannot find the specified file."

When you move an Internet Shortcut file into UR, shouldn't the web URL be put in the URL attribute field, as it is when the file is copied into UR?

Separately, if I copy a large number of files into UR but no longer want the files linked to the files on my hard drive, is the best way to get rid of the links to select all of the files and enter a space in the URL attribute field? Or is there a better way to "unlink" them (without clearing the URL attributes of each item one by one)?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: