Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Error processing command line

A very novice user here, so sorry, if I miss something.
I have two initial issues, the first of the two only with the portable version (latter version 4.1c).
1) After running the register.bat in the integration folder, I saw the icons both in IE and Windows Explorer (WE). Using the latter WE icons, I cannot copy or link anything though. I got always the following message: "Error processing command-line. Error importing (here is the the path of UR file): file or URL not found. There are no icons moreover in the "sent to" right click menu.

2). I think that the way the items in the data panel (on the left) are re-arranged is not coherent. See the following example with these items.
+-Notes_1
...+-Notes_2..........Now if I move Notes_2 to the left, it does not
...+-Notes_3..........shift above Notes_4 as it should be, but it
+-Notes_4.......... goes at the very bottom of the tree, i.e.
(etc)....................under Notes_10 or whathever.
+-Notes_10

. Thank you for any help.

Last edited by Anthony; 05-05-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Re: Error processing command line

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
A very novice user here, so sorry, if I miss something.
I have two initial issues, the first of the two only with the portable version (latter version 4.1c).
1) After running the register.bat in the integration folder, I saw the icons both in IE and Windows Explorer (WE). Using the latter WE icons, I cannot copy or link anything though. I got always the following message: "Error processing command-line. Error importing (here is the the path of UR file): file or URL not found. There are no icons moreover in the "sent to" right click menu.
register.bat registers only the IE and Outlook toolbars (Windows Explorer does also show the IE toolbar, but it works only with IE, not WE).

register.bat doesn't register the Windows Explorer 'send to' menu items. To add Send To items to WE for portable UR, you would need to manually create shortcuts in the SendTo folder (C:\Documents and Settings\username\SendTo on Windows XP). For Copy To UR, the shortcut should have a Target like

"x:\path\to\UltraRecall.exe" /importdup

and for Link to UR, replace /importdup with /import.
Quote:
2). I think that the way the items in the data panel (on the left) are re-arranged is not coherent. See the following example with these items.
+-Notes_1
...+-Notes_2..........Now if I move Notes_2 to the left, it does not
...+-Notes_3..........shift above Notes_4 as it should be, but it
+-Notes_4.......... goes at the very bottom of the tree, i.e.
(etc)....................under Notes_10 or whathever.
+-Notes_10

. Thank you for any help.
I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you described (see http://www.kinook.com/Download/Temp/moveleft.zip).
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038
Old 05-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Thank you for your feedback.
On the first problem, if I understood correctly this means that the toolbar in Windows Explorer is of no use.
Anyway, I enclosed an image when I tried to send a file here located in the same folder of UR. Strange thing: when I use UR portable in my notebook (with XP bare and bones and no MS Office), there is no toolbar installed (I need to run the. bat file), while in the desktop PC, it happears just by running UR portable, and without registering the .bat file.

On the second point, the incoherence emerges when Note items are in the first root of the "my data". See encloused two images.

Thanks,
Anthony
Attached Files
File Type: zip ur_dataexplorer.zip (22.3 KB, 919 views)

Last edited by Anthony; 05-05-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Thank you for your feedback.
On the first problem, if I understood correctly this means that the toolbar in Windows Explorer is of no use.
Correct.
Quote:
Anyway, I enclosed an image when I tried to send a file here located in the same folder of UR. Strange thing: when I use UR portable in my notebook (with XP bare and bones and no MS Office), there is no toolbar installed (I need to run the. bat file), while in the desktop PC, it happears just by running UR portable, and without registering the .bat file.
When run in portable mode, if UR hasn't previously been installed with the regular installer, and the Integration/register.bat file is found, UR calls it to register automatically. Apparently on the desktop PC, UR was previously installed, the batch file isn't found, or calling it doesn't register the toolbar components.
Quote:
On the second point, the incoherence emerges when Note items are in the first root of the "my data". See encloused two images.

Thanks,
Anthony
This only occurs when moving an item so that it becomes a child of the root My Data item. We'll fix it in the next release.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Administrator

This is fixed in the latest download (UltraRecall.exe 4.1.3.3 in Help | About | Install Info after installing).