Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 PM

3.2 option: 'Show combined note text for multiple...": Can't get it

Hi Kinook;
You listed this as an enhancement in 3.2 and still I'm not sure why. This is a feature we already had in 3.1. I did ask before and your answer was ...
Previous versions would show nothing instead of the combined text of Item Notes for multiple selection.

When this feature is enabled in options, it combines item text. The feature description used 'item text' whereas your response used 'item notes'. I tried both, it works fine for item text but not for item notes. I now see a text saying 'n items selected', is this what you mean by the this new feature?

Sorry for being thick brained.

Last edited by cnewtonne; 08-09-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Re: 3.2 option: 'Show combined note text for multiple...": Can't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by cnewtonne
[snip] I now see a text saying 'n items selected', is this what you mean by the this new feature? [/snip]
That's the way it works on my machine, gotta select item(s) w note(s). Let's see what Kinook sez...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM

If the "Show combined text for multiple selection" option is checked, then (with 3.2+) the Item Notes pane should show the combined item notes.

So you are seeing "n items selected" in the Item Notes pane when multiple items are selected? This should never occur, regardless of whether the above option is checked or not.

If the above option is not selected, then you will see the message in the Item Details pane (but this behavior is the same as version 3.1 and previous).

If you are seeing this message in the Item Notes pane, please send a small sample .urd file (drag two items to a new .urd file, and verify that it still occurs there), and a registry export of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options to support@kinook.com (please zip both files).
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Kevina, what you describe doesn't happen.

Working with the 2 export dialogs, I found I could export Notes only, i.e. w/o including item title or item details. User just has to read carefully but it''s all there, very neat.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 PM

OK. Now, I think I know what Kevina is talking about. It just the reponse I originally got and the description of the feature were not using UR terms consistently. This feature becomes clear when you make a distinction between 'item text' and 'item note'. Former is what you see in the editor, while the later is what you see in the item note pane. This feature pertains to the later.

So now when you have this feature enabled in options, not only UR will combine item text in the editor, but it will also combine the text in the item notes too which makes it an enhancement.

I'm all clear now. Thank you

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: