Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-22-2005, 09:09 AM

Setting Up New Attributes

I have set up a new template in UR, but am not able to enter the information into the new columns I have set up for that template. The new template is a child of the text template.

I can enter information in the first column as it appears in the child attributes pane. Help file says the tab should set me up for the next column, but it does not. The new attributes do not show up at all in the attributes pane, just the system attributes.

I know I am probably missing some small detail that would make all the difference. What am I doing wrong? http://www.kinook.com/Forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

Daly
Old 01-22-2005, 10:53 AM

Daly,

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're experiencing or not, but I'll take a shot.

When you make child items of templates, those items become part of the parent template. In other words, any items that are children of the Text template will now be inserted underneath any new Text items you insert. You could try inserting a new Text item somewhere and you should see the children of your Text template underneath the new item.

To make a new template, insert a child directly under the Templates node in the tree. I think this will get you closer to where you want to be, if I am understanding you correctly.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:28 PM

You typically assign Attributes to a Template, which is done in the Item Attributes Pane (by default in the upper right Pane of Ultra Recall). You don't typically assign values to these Attributes for a template, but rather to Info Items later created based the template.

The "grid" or Related Items Pane, is used to display the values of Attributes (either of the children of the selected Info Item, of the selected Info Items [if multiple] or the Info Items matching a search) but not to edit these values. One exception is the first column (as you mention) which is always the title of each row (Info Item) which is editable.

There is no Child Attributes Pane, but you are describing the Related Items Pane, which can have one of three captions: Child Items, Selected Items or Search Results (matching the three modes described above).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: