Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-26-2005, 10:37 PM

Template Help

I am trying to create a To-Do Template based off the Task Template. The steps that I'm taking are:

I click on the Task Template in the Template section. I copy the task (CRTL-C) and then CTRL-V. I now have a child item under my original template task called New Task. I move the New Task to a Parent position still within the Template section.

I then click on the New Task Template and then open up the Attributes Window. It currently shows Due Date, Needed By and Priority. I want to remove Due Date and Needed By and create one with To-Do and Priority. So I click on Due Date and then the delete button within the attributes pane. A box pops up asking me if I want to delete the Due Dates field. I answer yes. I do the same thing for Needed By.

I then click on the Insert button and an Insert Item Attribute window opens up. I click on Name and select To-Do from my drop down list. I have previously added this attribute with a Category of Task and Type of Date.

It adds the To-Do item to the Attributes page and I deselect the check mark next to the date and then close the Attribute window. I click on the New Task and press INSERT, but the child item has Due Date and Needed By in the Task section, even thought the Parent ONLY has To-Do in the Task section. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Administrator

You should change the Default Child Template attribute of your custom Task template to 'New Task' (or whatever you named your custom task template).
Old 01-27-2005, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
You should change the Default Child Template attribute of your custom Task template to 'New Task' (or whatever you named your custom task template).
Thanks that was the ticket.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:30 PM

How do I change Default Child Template attribute?

Hi,

KINOOK: "You should change the Default Child Template attribute of your custom Task template to 'New Task' (or whatever you named your custom task template)."

How do I do this? I don't see any way to do this under the item attributes. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place... Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:10 PM

There should be a Default Child Template Attribute assigned to the template (in the Item Details Pane). Change the value for this attribute to the name of the new task template.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 AM

Unhappy Still bemused...

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
There should be a Default Child Template Attribute assigned to the template (in the Item Details Pane). Change the value for this attribute to the name of the new task template.
I am sure I am just being dense, but I do not see anything referencing a Default Child Template Attribute in the Item Details Pane, or under the Item Attributes for my template.

By the way, my template is performing properly--that is, items that I produce with it have the attributes I'm looking for--I'm just trying to understand what I'm missing for future reference.

Thank you.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM

You probably don't see the default child attribute because the column divider in the pane covers most of it. You can move it to the right with the mouse. It is within the top "System" group, fifth down if you haven't added anything.

Stephen R. Diamond
Old 02-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Thanks, Stephen!

I see now. I just saw the word "Default"... duh!

Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: