Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-05-2006, 09:21 PM

Folders duplicated on incremental import

I have a huge file system data tree (1.5GB) that I want to import but I don't want to store everything in UR. So I repartitioned the data into two idential trees on the file system with all the big pdf files in one tree for linked import and the smaller files in the other tree for stored import.

I first ran the linked import in UR on the large files which ran perfectly. I then ran a second stored import on the other data tree which also ran fine, but on completion I ended up with two trees in UR; "<folder> and <folder> (2)". This isn't what I was expecting. Since the folder hierarchies for each imported tree were identical, I assumed that the items imported on each pass would be merged into one tree in UR.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Maynard

BTW. I did a store import of the entire tree as a test and UR handled it just fine. All the data imported without a glithc and the overall performance was great. Nice job.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM

OK. I figured out a procedure.

I realized that even though the trees were duplicates, UR was seeing them as two different data structures.

So I started from scratch, did a link import on the large files then physically moved the tree and replaced it with the second tree with the small files. I then did a store import on that tree and, by golly, the data merged perfectly in UR.

KInd of a pain but it was a one shot deal to get my data in freom another tool (Onfolio) so it's really not an issue.

I'm really liking this tool a lot :-)
Maynard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: