Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Suggestions

Old 06-05-2006, 10:39 PM

Using Wait with Time AND Files

Hi,

Is it possible to have a WAIT step which waits for either the time to elapse (eg. In the even the task doesn't complete at all) or for files to be created ? If a task has no way of writing out a file to indicate failure, I'm not sure how I can continue and complete the script without having a time trigger too ?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Not currently. We plan to provide an option to wait for one or more processes to complete, which would work well for that scenario. Also having an overall step timeout is a good suggestion as well, which is also on our list.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the quick response !

I have encountered a scenario that might be a bug (or perhaps a desired feature

I've got a wait step, waiting on two files, #1 & #2.
The wait step is checked to 'Don't wait if file exists when step starts' and 'Wait for all files to be created/modified'.
When the wait step starts, file #1 is already created, but file #2 isn't. File #2 gets created after the step starts but the step hangs forever, not identifying when file #2 gets created.

I've reproduced this simply with a single wait step, create one of the files before starting the step, and then manually create the second file after starting the step. It never finishes.

Is there any chance of a fix build for this ? or an alternative recommended solution ?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

There was a bug when using 'Wait for all files' with 'Don't wait if files already exist' and some but not all files exist when the step starts. The main download has been updated with a patch for this issue (VisBuildExt.dll version 6.1.0.2).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: