Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 PM

Using RTM in embedded browser

New to UR, but am very impressed with the flexibility and power of this application. I've been looking for a knowledge management / outlining / GTD app for quite a while, and I think my search is over.

I've looked over the GTD template provided with the application, and it looks really solid. However, I'm currently using the on-line task system "Remember The Milk" http://www.rememberthemilk.com, and assumed that I would be able to use it from within UR via the embedded browser. The page comes up fine, but I'm not able to switch to different tabs within RTM - it appears to stay locked on the "inbox" tab.

I've played around with the browser options under Tools -> Options... but to no avail. Are there any other RTM users that could provide any insight?

Note that I don't consider this a "deal breaker" - The task attibute assignment in the GTD example for UR shows a lot of power and I'll probably transition over to it eventually. For now, though, I'd like to figure out how to get RTM working from within the UR web browser.

Thanks for any advice/help

- Kurt
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Administrator

It doesn't look like that will work currently. If you hover over a tab, you'll see that the URL the tab is coded as is the same as the page itself, but that page is not actually reloaded when clicked in IE, for instance (it's probably overridden in a client-side script instead). We have to do some special hooking in the internal browser for navigation to work properly in other cases, but that special hooking reloads the URL that is coded for that link instead of allowing the overridden (and unknown to UR) click behavior to occur. We'll have to investigate to see if there is any way to workaround that (without breaking other pages where the hooking is needed).
Old 02-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Wow! What service! thanks for looking into it. I can certainly live without having RTM embedded. It's not like I'd be able to drag/drop anyways, and (as I said in the original post) I think I'll be transitioning over to the UR task handling.

Thanks again.

-Kurt
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 AM

If you want to use an embedded to do list in UR, you might consider Toodledo (www.toodledo.com), which provides largely the same functionality as Remember The Milk.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:44 PM

LM7, thanks for that suggestion about using Toodledo in UR. It works very well, and by putting up one extra tab for it I have an easy mean of accessing the todo list without losing screen space.

Of course, the question will be asked whether this functionality could not in fact be produced in UR anyway, but presumably the major benefit of Toodledo is that it is web based. (And it does look nice!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: