Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 12:08 PM

Export tree of rich text items as HTML

UR 4.2a Pro on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have a tree that consists only of rich text items.
I choose a node, export, 'Documents and item rich text to HTML'.
In the next dialog I choose 'Export child items (recursive)' and choose a folder under 'My documents' for the export.

If I then open the resulting index.html in a browser, I get a frameset with the tree on the left and the current document on the right (see image).

The problems (tested in IE, FireFox, Chrome):

1 - Only the first level of child items can be accessed through the 'tree' on the left. Each of the child items (CardOrAccountInfo, Website, etc.) has many children (and grandchildren) but none can be accessed.

2 - There is no expanding or collapsing of the visible items, even though the text above indicates that is done by clicking on a parent item. Example: I click on 'PAT Code' and nothing expands/collapses. I click on 'Website' and nothing expands.

3 - Since the grandchild items were not displaying, I tried including internal links in the parent items to the child items (see image). The internal links work in UR, but on the webpage it returns an error that the link needs to be associated with an application. Looking at the html of the page, the link looks like a href="ur:///?item=1106,1027,1006,1000"

Now when I dig down in the folder structure (under Export_StoredContent) I actually see webpages for all the grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc.

Can somebody help with what is going on here?
I tried following the instructions in the FAQ "Exporting UR tree, documents and text to HTML", but all I ended up with was empty webpages. That FAQ seems to be for an earlier version of UR (perhaps before an HTML export option was added?).

Thanks,
Mark.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:11 PM

I included a jpg image attachment in the original message, but did not see it linked. It is attached here.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nobodo; 03-07-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Click on the icons to expand or collapse a node.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Click on the icons to expand or collapse a node.
See the image posted previously.
I would expect that clicking on 'CardOrAccountInfo' would expand the tree to show the 8 children of that node. It does not, it only changes the right pane to show the item itself.
I would expect that clicking on 'PAT_Code' would contract the 4 direct children of that node. It does not, it only changes the right pane to show the item itself.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Clicking on the item *text* will show the item in the right pane. Clicking on the item *icon* will expand or collapse to show/hide children (if any). Make sure to single-click, not double-click, or it will immediately expand and collapse.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Ok, NOW I get it. I must have been clicking on the text and not the icon (somehow even the plain text instruction above the tree didn't sink in).

I recommend a future change or option to have the normal tree +/- characters either instead of or in addition to the item icon. It would require a little more javascript for the changing state icon but would make the resulting exported website much more intuitive and 'as expected'.

Thank you,
Mark.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Clicking on the item *text* will show the item in the right pane. Clicking on the item *icon* will expand or collapse to show/hide children (if any). Make sure to single-click, not double-click, or it will immediately expand and collapse.
In the export, would creating third pane (below the current existing right pane) with "Item Notes" be too much work?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Administrator

It's on the request list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: