Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:22 PM

i am not happy with images in UR

When i drag and drop and image into open text document, UR brings it as object not as picture, which makes it very awkward to use it. Now that is nice as an option. But i do not think that it is great for every situation. And seems like there is no way to convert that package into actual image itself.

For example if i have some pictures related to certain document, and if i want to put that all into one text file o document it seems like it is not possible to do easily. It seems like there are 2 ways

One is to drag and drop images as child objects which is not what i want. This will create individual objects versus having all in the same doc. (at least UR should create thumbnails instead of picture format icon)

or

Copy paste images as images, like copying image in paint or photoshop.And then paste into UR. This way i can actually paste images in documents, but how can i do this with 50 60 images everytime.

This is very awkward, and it is a showstopper

Second problem is that ther is not proportioanal scaling.

Do not get me wrong, UR is very good package, but everyone has images-pictures nowdaus especially when digicams are so widespread. It seems to me that this would be a problem for many outhere.

thanks

Last edited by dedebaykus; 03-17-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 AM

Hi,

the underlying of a text item is RTF. I suppose you can do something if you first create a document in word. There you can just drag & drop a great number of image files. Then save to RTF and import to UR. The result looks great. The images bits are inside the RTF document. This procedure might do want you need.

Regards
Eric
Old 03-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but i do not believe that is a solution. Because if that would be the case i can use Html too. But if i am going to leave UR for such simple task, what is the point of using it? I am trying to implement UR into my work pipeline to decrease amount of programs-steps i need to use, not increase the number.