Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 PM

multi-select - side by side and full screen views

Hi,

There are times I want to compare two items for differences in text. It would be helpful if the content pane could be split along the vertical and perhaps synchronized so that as you scroll you could see the differences.

Also - if there was a way to toggle a full-screen view that temporarily rendered the toolbars and non-content panes invisible so I could see and edit more of the content at a time, that would be nice too.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Re: multi-select - side by side and full screen views

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
There are times I want to compare two items for differences in text. It would be helpful if the content pane could be split along the vertical and perhaps synchronized so that as you scroll you could see the differences.
One way to do this would be to open the two items externally (via Item | Open Document / Ctrl+J or Item | Show Explorer Menu / Ctrl+E) in an application that allows side-by-side and/or synchronized viewing.

Quote:
Also - if there was a way to toggle a full-screen view that temporarily rendered the toolbars and non-content panes invisible so I could see and edit more of the content at a time, that would be nice too.
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/layouts.htm
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM

Re: multi-select - side by side and full screen views

Quote:
There are times I want to compare two items for differences in text. It would be helpful if the content pane could be split along the vertical and perhaps synchronized so that as you scroll you could see the differences.[snip]
I often have the same need/frustration & can't offer a suggestion for URp but Kinook might want to look @ another program called ADM, in which user could float any & all detail windows independent of the outline item.

As a result user could go to item 'A' & float the detail page, then jump to item 'B' for comparison. It was very useful & something to look at IMO.

Having said that URp is a more 'elegant' program than ADM so I'm sure they can come up w a more elegant solution. Hint, hint. :-)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.

I do something like you suggest and simply was (am) hoping for a more elegant way.

The alternate layout that you pointed to is something I use all the time, but it's not really what I call full screen since the toolbars show unless I manually turn them off - one at a time. Not a good option. It is a good layout for most things - just not for everything.

Both of these are relatively minor requests, made at a time of wanting to do a specific couple of things. Nice to haves...

Thanks again.

Regards,
Bal
Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
The alternate layout that you pointed to is something I use all the time, but it's not really what I call full screen since the toolbars show unless I manually turn them off - one at a time. Not a good option. It is a good layout for most things - just not for everything.
?

I dont know if I understand, but toolbars are also layout specific, ie. if you set a layout where there will be only item details and all toolbars and panes off, status bar off, ... you have almost a full screen (only menu bar cannot be hidden, but can be set floating and put in the corner so it's almost hidden) ... I have this kind of setting for Layout 6 with assigned shortcut to toggle "FULL SCREEN" mode ...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM

Hi Quant,

That's very good - don't know why I didn't see/think of it. Much closer to full screen. It'll do.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: