Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-21-2013, 05:18 AM

Wikipedia and internal browser question

I just downloaded and installed URPro 5.1. UR is still alive after all! Rumors of its demise have been much exaggerated.

This question might have been asked before, but I can't find any answer in the help file nor on this forum.

Problem: When I open a Wikipedia page in the UR internal browser, there are usually numerous links there that I would like to link or copy to the currently open UR database.

This is no problem if the page is opened in an external browser such as Internet Explorer or FireFox because there are add-in tabs that can perform this job: i.e., link to or copy to UR. (The operation is still quite slow, by the way, but tolerable.)

How can this be done within the UR internal browser. I can click on the links and the linked page will open, of course, but to repeat: how can this new page be linked / copied into the current and open database?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:22 AM

Never Mind!

I found the answer. Drag and drop the link into the address box, then drag and drop in onto the data explorer.

Be nice if there was a icon to do this more quickly (from within the internal browser, that is).
Old 06-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Right-click the link and choose Add to Ultra Recall (copy/link), or drag/drop the link into the Data Explorer pane, or right-click and Copy Selection, then right-click in the tree and Paste or Paste Special -> Copy.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:52 PM

Could this be streamlined in the next (soon?) update, say with a simple icon, thereby necessitating only one mouse click? Just asking.

Also, when I do as instructed by Kinook above, the link goes into "Imported Items." How can I send the link to another more desired location in Data Explorer?
Old 06-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfjern View Post
Could this be streamlined in the next (soon?) update, say with a simple icon, thereby necessitating only one mouse click? Just asking.[/I]
Go Tools | Customize | Menus, in the Select context menu drop-down select 'Item Details (web page)', Ctrl+drag/drop the 'Add to UR' item(s) from the menu onto a toolbar. Then right-click the toolbar button and Edit Button Image or Change Button Image to use an image instead of text.

Quote:
Also, when I do as instructed by Kinook above, the link goes into "Imported Items." How can I send the link to another more desired location in Data Explorer?
Configure Tools | Options | Import | Choose location when importing or pasting from other applications or Tools | Options | Import | Insert imported items at bold [or selected] item in Data Explorer pane as desired.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...portdialog.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: