Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Oh, you are genius! I would have never thought up such steps! Looks like they work for me! Tomorrow I'll try to use them on the full build script and post the results!

Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 AM

And one more comment - any of the proposed methods will have a problem compared to loading global macros via /macros command-line parameter:

- /macros loads all macros in bulk and only after that starts evaluating (expanding?) them;
- on the contrary, loading macros via subproject or XML parsing requires all prerequisite macros to be loaded before their dependent macros (for macros expanding). So one must create and maintain a strict order of macros in the xml file.

So, why don't allow multiple /macros switches on command-line?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

You can check the Don't expand macros or script in value when setting option or use vbld_EscapeString when assigning the value to prevent immediate expansion of macro references.
http://www.kinook.com/VisBuildPro/Ma...scriptmisc.htm

It's not very common to need so many macros as environment variables, but we'll add that to the request list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: