Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 AM

item attachments

I would find it very useful to attach multiple files to a single URP item. Not as sub-items, but much like with email attachments.

I know I can create text links to external files by dragging them into an item's detail or into an item's note, but that's not quite the same as having a number of icons linked to the various files in a nice compact way.

I think I've seen this done in other products that are similar to URP, though I don't recall for sure. Others here might be familiar with what I'm talking about.

Thoughts?

- Bal
Old 08-29-2010, 06:12 PM

I agree that it would be nice to attach a file within any given item as an icon or a link without creating the sub item.

I migrated from MyBase and albeit it use text as the link, I was able to place the link anywhere in the currently focused document. Now I create the sub item and then add a link from (anchor) into the document where I want it.

Bottom line is it take two steps to insert a link opposed to one in many other applications.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 PM

attachments in roadmap please

I was just reviewing the URP roadmap and noticed that the request for attachments hasn't (yet?) been included.

I also saw that, independently, quant has also asked for this, so I know I'm not the only one who would find it useful:

http://kinook.com/Forum/showthread.p...ht=attachments

One very good implementation of this is currently done with Evernote. Another, of course, is Outlook - though it's not the same kind of software as URP.

But attachments that are not part of the Explorer pane hierarchy would be very helpful to me.

- Bal