grafx & txt on same details page

Is this possible?

I have a text form, primary attribute is rtf
I can type data into details page, link to grafx
but I'd like to see (in this case) gif w text on same page

How do I do this? Thank you.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Jan,

To get the actual image into the rtf editor you need to get the image into the clipboard. You'll need to either employ an image program, or use UR to import the image to a doc item then select the image and copy to clipborad.

Once the image has been pasted into the rtf editor you can place text either above or below, but not to the side.

If image size is critical to your presentation you may want to do any resizing in an image program which will allow for more precise propertional resizing. Although UR does allow for image resizing it is possible (and highly likely) that you will end up resizing in a non-proportional manner.

If layout and presentation is critical you may want to consider creating a Word doc with a table, this will allow you to position text to the side of the image (and you can hide the table borders). Additionally, Word offers some pretty good image manipulation functions.

I'm not sure, but I suspect, that if you go the Word doc to UR Template route you can use the Word Insert Image File function which should preserve the format of the image (gif, jpg, png, bmp).

If preservation of the original file format is critical you may want to avoid using the Windows Clipboard, as I believe it outputs as .bmp - perhaps Kinook can confirm this format conversion when using the Windows Clipboard.

This Clipboard format conversion is not an issue when Importing images to a UR Doc Item Type since it is Storing or Linking to the original file.

Later,
KenA
Old 03-21-2007, 03:19 PM

KenA, Thanks for your detailed reply. It appears that bmp format works quite easily, i.e. copy to clipboard & dump into the document item. I guess that's probably the easiest route for me as presentation is not really an issue.

And besides I think I have problems using Word w URp but I'm not a big word person anyway, nor Outlook, etc.

IF UR had a slightly more robust RTF editor -- that could create tables, etc. -- I'd be a happier camper but so be it for the moment. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.