Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 08-24-2006, 03:14 AM

Angry Internal Linking

Kinook, why are you resisting instituting the power feature of internal hypertext or hyperlinking into UR? Is it because you think that the capabilities provided by this feature are worthless and not needed in UR? Is it because you don't want it to conflict with your own 'Logical Linking' concept or because you don't see this as a power feature?

Well, I think that a lot of us came to UR after trying myriads of applications that call themselves 'PIM' or 'Imfo Mgr' etc.

One thing that we know is that it is a useful and powerful feature.

Please, institute this feature already and let it augment your concept of 'Logical Linking' and allow UR to be even more powerful.

That simple feature is what will really give UR a useful, selectable, relational database capability. It will even augment the search capability of UR which needs a bit more refinement.

Check how 'InfoRECALL' at inforecall.com uses this capability.
You folks know all about it, and you had promised this feature. Why haven't you seriously looked into this powerful feature. UR is a powerful application; let's not get stuck in the mud. Thak you.jm

Last edited by Jakem mazon; 08-25-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:28 AM

Yeah, I want to see this too.

I found an earlier post with an answer here:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1518

Actually looking again at your post you already knew the feature had been promised so that link won't help you.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:33 AM

Re: Internal Linking

Quote:
Originally posted by Jakem mazon
One thing that we know is that it is a useful and powerful feature.
I have to agree with that statement. Internal hyperlinking on top of everything UR already provides would be absolutely awesome.

Luke
Old 09-25-2006, 04:49 PM

Yes, I want to see this feature as well. It was one of the first things I missed when I started to use UltraRecall.
I manage a lot of scientific papers with UR. It would be nice to add some notes to a paper like,

This paper describes a method to bla bla. A similar method is presented in <link to other document>.
The main difference to <link> is the emphasis on ...

Before I used UltraRecall I was writing summary pages in HTML which would link to the different PDF's. Well, I could still do this and add those HTML docs to UR but it would be *much* more convenient to edit in UR diectly.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:18 AM

This kind of internal hyperlinking...

has been around since the DOS days. There was a pim by Persoft called IZE which had a crude but very workable form of it. I think UR should have this feature too. Even better (for me) would be to enable me to set up multiple hyperlinks from a single link. It would be sort of like a mini-menu within an item so that if I had a number of related items, I could very easily link and then navigate to them randomly.

Windows Help has been doing this for years, as does javascript in the web browser environment.

But I'd settle for a single destination for now.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bal
Old 10-18-2006, 11:02 AM

Both Treepad and MyInfo have internal linking. Works like a charm and is very helpful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: