Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 04-14-2016, 11:34 AM

Problem building VS 2013 solution after upgrading to v9.2

I upgraded to V9.2 yesterday and today I found that none of my VS2013 build scripts ran. The error said it was missing Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props. I created a macro that pointed to where it is and retried. Now I'm getting an error on every project that says "The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120Microsoft.CPP .UpgradeFromVC71.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.". Does anyone have a fix/explanation for this? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Most likely, the version declared in the solution file doesn't match the VS/MSBuild version it actually requires. See here for more details:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4500
Old 04-14-2016, 01:24 PM

Thanks for replying but I don't think that's the issue. This is a solution we build every night without any problems. The only thing that changed was upgrading Visual Build from version 8.7 to 9.2.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Administrator

v9 is more precise about matching the declared version in the solution/project with the devenv/msbuild version (it could have matched a compatible version by luck in the past when the declared version wasn't actually correct), and that's the only relevant change to the Make VS* actions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: