Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 12-20-2019, 06:42 PM

How do I see PowerShell script progress?

I'm using a PowerShell action. It works just fine with Visual Build and I can send data to it and get it back into VBP. My problem with this particular script is that it may run for a very long time (a few minutes to over a half hour). If I run it in PowerShell, I can turn on verbose and see some output so I know it's alive. When I run it from VBP, I don't get any feedback. It's reassuring to know something is happening.

How can I see the output while it's running in VBP?

This particular script starts in a specific folder and has PowerShell script in VBP (it's not calling a separate file). Inside the script, I dot include some external PowerShell files that are needed for the script to run in VBP.

I've tried Options / Show application window. That puts up a window, but I don't see any output.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Administrator

I'm seeing the output from a long-running PowerShell script as it executes. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: bld PSProgress.bld (688 Bytes, 1462 views)
Old 12-23-2019, 07:16 PM

Sorry for the bother. I have these two lines in my script:

Code:
  #$VerbosePreference = "continue"
  #$VerbosePreference = "SilentlyContinue"
I had been debugging some things and switched it to SilentlyContinue for a bit and didn't catch that switch on a commit

I had intended to commit the script with "continue" enabled so that I'd see the output in Visual Build. Once I set it to "continue", the VERBOSE output showed up just fine in the Visual Build output window and in the log file. All is well

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: