Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM

MSBuild

I got a step using the MSBuild action....everything works and publishes. but on the publish.htm there is version line that should be set to the version I just publish. When I do the publishing thru the IDE the version number on the publish.htm page gets updated with the version I'm publish. ie. 2.2.3.4 or what ever...but with MSbuild action in VBP it doesn't get updated and I do have the property ApplicationVersion set to the latest build number....it creates the correct folders and all but that number on the publish.htm doesn't get update....is there a away to do that?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 AM

Clickonce not updating?

I have a VBP build process that uses MSBuild to update the clickonce site. I first did the clickonce deployment in the IDE to setup all the proper files and publish.htm ..etc.. Now I want to release another version of the software like version 10 .....I see that my MSBuild action uploads all the proper files and changes the setup.exe....but when my users/testers launch the app they don't get the latest version which is version 10 in this case. They still have version 9 on their pc. But if the unistall version 9 and go to the clickonce url they will get version 10. I also tried using the Make VS.Net action and passing the /p arguments....i.e. InstalUrl. PublishDir...etc...

What do I need to do to make the users get the latest code?

I wanted to add....If I do the publishing from the IDE for version 10 then it works....meaning the users/testers would get the latest versions.....So I'm not sure what I have to do in VBP to mimick the IDE.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator

MSBuild does not deploy publish.htm, but the Install button on that page is just a link to setup.exe, so as long as the updated setup.exe is run by the user (copy publish.htm to the deployment folder or create an html page with a link to setup.exe) they should get the latest version.

You can also use the Make VS.NET action (which ultimately calls MSBuild) to build and publish: http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1401
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 PM

the setup.exe does get update...from what I can tell it gets changed everytime I run the MSbuild action since the timestamp reflects the change. ALso the users are running that setup.exe they are not going to the url they just relaunch the app from start-> program files....but they don't get the message that there has been an update blah blah....but if I do the upload (publishing) thru the IDE the users can relaunch the app thur start -> program files and they do get the update message and can install version 10 in the above exmaple....is there a property that I need to set that maybe set going thru hte IDE..

from what I understand MSBuild action would use the project file and its setting unless I pass in overrides for them via the property arguments...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: