Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Version 5.0

I don't mean this with disrespect. Understand that I have a great appreciation for the effort expended in making and improving UR. However, after seeing the list of enhancements, I must say that I am very disappointed. What happened to the calendar, the dual explorer panes, the ability to search multiple databases, etc? This is not a new version at all. It is more like a point upgrade, one that I am unlikely to purchase.

Jon

Last edited by Jon Polish; 06-10-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Error
Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 AM

...and I am not alone. See this thread on the Outliner Software forum.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM

+1
The feature of greatest interest to me is the Keyword Pane. This seems to have been high on the roadmap at least since July 2008 (www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3720) and was "planned" for quite some time, too, as I recall. I really don't see much for me in this upgrade. As a user for four years, I'm disappointed.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 PM

i purchased an upgrade because ...

i purchased an upgrade because:

1. I rely on Ultrarecall to run my sales pipeline - Until TreeProjects fully replicates all the customization - Ultrarecall is far and away the only tool with enough customizable sophistication to run my business with.

2. I agree with everybody that Version 5, at this point, is definitely not a major upgrade. However, I trust Kinook's integrity and I fully expect that many of the promised road map features will appear in version 5 in the near future.

It would be great to see a clarification from Kinook about that.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Upgrade?

Kinook, this should be a free upgrade, say 4.3. $50? No way, Jose! You have let us down, Kinook! Big time! Repent!

Last edited by tfjern; 06-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:49 AM

Also, Kinook... I want UR to have a decent calendar and easy-to-use tagging, and I'd be more than happy to pay for that. Seriously. I know what people say they would pay for and what they actually do is different, but this one is real. I'd pay in advance, too, as 'igoldsmid' is hoping to have done. How about something like a Kickstarter project, where you don't produce the new features until a certain amount of money is raised?

But asking us to pay up now for no appreciable change in user experience at all?

I won't be buying this upgrade. That doesn't mean I am not sitting here cash in hand ready to buy one that actually makes progress along the roadmap.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM

no comment on this "major"-update!

I purchased v4.2 - therefore there are not so many new features for me, in this release - why should I pay for that???

Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM

Happy to upgrade!

Yes I am a happy upgrader!

Why? UR is a robust, mature, reliable product as it stands. I want it to be supported and kept current...(remember that Firefox and Chrome browser seem to change versions everyday, Windows 8 and next MS Office will be out soon). I recognize that the costs to do this are substantial. I am happy to contribute $0.05 per day ($50 over 3 yr upgrade cycle) for the value I get from UR.

I agree with igoldsmid's expectation that additional new features may be released soon. The history of UR releases in 4.0 supports that viewpoint. I hope that my upgrade purchase will encourage them to do so.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Thanks for fixing the issue of running under Windows 8! I reported the issue originally. But I have to agree with others that $50 is very unreasonable for this change (which you can argue to be a fix instead of new feature) and other very minor new features. I have already switched to other tools, but I am happy to come back if the price is reasonable or free or good features are added for the price.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Thanks for fixing the issue of running under Windows 8
V3 wouldn't run with windows7.

Now.. v4 won't run with windows8? .. is this correct
---
I'll doubt I'll jump for this upgrade/update .. I'm sorry
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $bill View Post
I agree with igoldsmid's expectation that additional new features may be released soon. The history of UR releases in 4.0 supports that viewpoint. I hope that my upgrade purchase will encourage them to do so.
I hope I am wrong but I think that the evidence contradicts you. Fortunately fifty dollars is not of great consequence to me, but I am offended that not one of the major new features in the roadmap were included in this "major" release. Would you buy a new car based on a hunch that the manufacturer will install the air conditioning at some unspecified time in the future?

Jon
Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 AM

When I saw the announcement for Version 5, I felt like a kid waiting to go to Disneyland.

But when I arrived at the gates, there was virtually nothing to be excited about.

What was the point of making suggestions and having a roadmap?

I just don't get it.

- Bal
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: