Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 05-10-2017, 03:29 PM

Problem with Info Item fields

hi,

the "multiple windows" issue is no longer coming up, which is great, but there's another problem I keep having with Info Item fields in forms. Fields that are not Info Item ones, but ordinary text ones, keep behaving as if they were Info Items, causing the "Choose Item" window to pop up when I put focus on them.

... checking some more. When the "Choose Item" window comes up, if I then select an item there, that selection will actually appear in another field, which is actually an Info Item field. I can see it in the Attributes Pane and how the value changes. So these other fields are somehow acting as though they are providing a value to the Info Item field, if I use the "Choose Item" window. (I am still able to enter or select a "normal" text value for these fields after dismissing "Choose Item").

I have done a compact and repair to no effect.

DavidF.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Please send the info from http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038
Old 05-11-2017, 02:39 PM

It's the oddest thing - the database in question was encrytped, I unencrypted it in preparation for sending, and lo and behold the problem disappeared. Re-encrypted, still working OK. So whatever the problem was, that seems to have solved it.

DavidF.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Well, this didn't last. The problem came back. Then in the process of getting a copy of the database ready to send to Kinook, stripping out items, once a certain number had been removed the problem stopped happening. Copied the items I'd deleted back in from the original db, compacted, and it all worked once more. So I've got a working database back again this way.

No idea really what caused the problem or what fixed it.

-- DavidF.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: