CopyWiz Version History
Version 4.1 (February 12, 2017)
- Support for Visual Studio 2017.
- Support for Delphi/RAD Studio/C++Builder 10.1 Berlin.
- Support for Windows Server 2016.
Version 4.0 (May 21, 2015)
- Support for Windows 10.
- Support for Visual Studio 2015.
- Support for Delphi/RAD Studio/C++Builder XE6 thru XE8 and 10 Seattle.
- Match on .ProjectNameXYZ.
Version 3.2 (February 5, 2014)
- Support for Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.
- Support for Delphi/RAD Studio/C++Builder XE2 thru XE5.
- Lowercase new GUIDs and find GUIDs in .cs, .feature, and .package files.
- Document registry entries for changing additional settings.
Version 3.1 (June 17, 2011)
- Support for Delphi XE, C++Builder XE, RAD Studio XE, and Delphi Prism XE.
- Include .filters file when copying .vcxproj files in VS 2010.
- Don't change GUIDs for references to projects that aren't copied.
- Match on ProjNameConnectionString when renaming.
- Match on >ProjName* in project files when renaming.
- Fix for renaming with suffix (i.e., MyProj to MyProj2).
- Binary files larger than 1MB may not get copied correcty.
- Fix for problem copying UTF-16 encoded file.
- Fix for case-sensitive match of project name.
Version 3.0 (September 15, 2009)
- Support copying and renaming solution (.sln) files.
- Support for Windows 7.
- Visual Studio add-in (VS 2002 thru 2010).
- Support for Visual Studio 2010.
- Support for SQL Server Management Studio.
- Support for Visual Studio Tools for Office.
- Support for Delphi, C++Builder, RAD Studio, and Prism (2007 thru 2010).
- Support for Intel C++ and Visual Fortran.
- Support for Visual Studio Shell projects (Amethyst, F#, Lexpa ISVS, Phalanger, Ruby in Steel, Visual APL, Vulcan.NET, etc.).
- Improved name matching (single quotes, parentheses, etc.).
- Improved GUID handling.
- Allow cancellation.
- Play sound when finished copying.
- Performance improvements.
Version 2.1 (March 26, 2008)
- More liberal GUID matching.
- Allow replacing GUIDs in existing projects.
- Improved handling of filenames specified with drive letter.
Version 2.0 (June 28, 2007)
- Support for Visual Studio .NET 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2008.
- Support for Windows Vista.
- Log status of all steps performed.
Version 1.2 (June 13, 2002)
- Also copy DSW file for Visual C++ projects so any ActiveX component references stored in the DSW file also get copied.
- Launch VC++ projects in Visual C++ 6.0 even if Visual Studio .NET is installed.
- Fix bug that resulted in incorrect renaming if the new project name prefix contained the old project name.
- Skip files where the source and destination are the same for shared files when answering 'No' for 'Point relative directories back to original project location' question.
- Fixed bug that could cause an error message when going back in the wizard and copying the same project again.
Version 1.1 (May 29, 2002)
- Support drag and drop of project files onto application icon.
- Added support for Windows XP themes.
- Copy files in lower subdirectories when Yes chosen for 'fix up directories in the project' and No selected for 'point relative directories back to original project location'.
- Added more detail to help describing what items CopyWiz matches when renaming projects.
- Fix to correctly update project file and filenames for files containing project name plus an additional prefix.
- Fix bug causing some invalid matches and replacements when copying projects in rare situations.
Version 1.0c (October 11, 2001)
- Prevent incorrect insertion of GUIDs in rare circumstances when copying or renaming VC projects.
- Honor choice to keep in same directory even if disabled destination path field is non-empty.
- Honor no rename choice even if disabled project name field is non-empty.
Version 1.0b (June 15, 2001)
- Find and replace _DProjectName interfaces in MFC control projects.
- Correctly handle paths containing slashes as well as backslashes.
- Retain original case when replacing all-uppercase strings in Visual C++ projects.
Version 1.0a (June 8, 2001)
- Automatically create destination folder if it doesn't exist.
- Remove SourceSafe integration code from Visual C++ projects when copying.
- Clear read-only flag of binary files that are copied.
Version 1.0 (May 21, 2001)
- Initial release.