Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 04:38 PM

pseudo hoisting using V3 url's

UR V3 (in beta) has several VERY powerful new functions.. One of them is the ability to copy links/uri's to Items in the Tree, using the new UR:// protocol.

Given this, and given that any tree structure after a while is going to be "cluttered", and not only that, a tree structure is not at all good at enabling you to see very many of its Item's relationships (and especially not the distant ones) - I am using a graphical mapping application as a front end to UR V3. I am using Personal Brain (V4 beta) - although its possible to add any front end like this to UR now (e.g. some other mind mapping program) - which enables at least two very powerful "extensions" to UR:

1) - I am using a Personal Brain map as a graphical navigator for UR's Tree - which enables me to more easily see/locate, and navigate to any number of specific locations in the UR tree.

2) I can create many further relationships, AND Relationship Types between (virtual UR) Items in Personal Brain - that wouldn't be easy or even possible to represent in a useful way in UR.

IJG